Fall Conference Dates
November 3 - 4, 2017
November 2-3, 2018
November 15-16, 2019
NYS Mathematics Honor Society
- Student Recognition
- Enhance Knowledge and Understanding
- Enjoy Mathematics Through Activities Outside the Classroom
- Create Enthusiasm
- Promote Mathematical Leadership
- Foster Student Collegiality
- Encourage Students to the Mathematics Field
- Encourage Mathematical Service
- Provide Parents the Opportunity to Recognize and Appreciate the
- Mathematical Accomplishments of Their Children
- High School Student
- Based on mathematical scholarship, service, character, and citizenship
- Student must have successfully completed a minimum of 3 semesters of High School/College mathematics
- Minimum mathematics scholarship of 85% or equivalent
- Overall scholastic average of 85% or equivalent
- Student must submit supporting documentation as outlined by the local chapter
- Student must submit 2 faculty recommendations
- Student must continue to demonstrate mathematical scholarship, service, character, and citizenship to maintain membership
- Submit "New Chapter Application Membership Roster".
- Must be in compliance with the Constitution and Bylaws.
- Any changes to membership responsibilities must be approved by the Board of Governors.
- Guidelines and responsibilities of sponsors or officers must be approved by the Board of Governors.
- Each Chapter needs to send a report to the Secretary no later than June 30 of each year(includes list of student members and faculty advisors, sponsored activities and events, mathematical honors/achievements/recognition, and any additional information.
The slate of nominees shall consist of a minimum of two (2) candidates for each elective position and shall be mailed to the chapter advisor(s) and the Board of Governors, not less than three (3) weeks prior to a May election.
Provisions shall be made for open nominations from the chapter advisors by petition. The petition must be signed by three (3) eligible voters and submitted to the nominating committee not less than two (2) weeks prior to February 1.
Each chapter is entitled to cast one vote.
: $30: $20
New Chapters- fill out NYSMHS New Membership & Supplies Order Form
Existing Chapters – fill out NYSMHS Existing Membership & Supplies Order Form
- New Membership Pins ($4 each)
- Seal ($2 for 20)
All forms should be mailed to
203 Dover Furnace Road
Dover Plains, NY12522
Checks should be made payable to: NYSMHS (New York State Mathematics Honor Society)
DO NOT Send Cash or Purchase Orders.
Student activity information form, faculty recommendation form, and suggested induction procedures are provided for your use. They may be duplicated as necessary. Do not mail the originals to us. We encourage each chapter to retain these forms for their records.
Any changes to the Local Chapter Constitution must be included with the first renewal form for approval.
Forms postmarked after June 30 will be considered New Chapter member for the following school year.